Followers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

No....

I must start this by saying I was an exceptionaly well-behaved child. The worst punishment for me were the words "Mommy is disappointed in you". Forget spanking, I was most miserable when I knew I had done something wrong. Neither parent was adamant about my punishments or upbringing so I can only say this insane rule-abiding personality was some sort of weird genetic wiring. I've always been somewhat of a smart ass but that's about it. I'm the person that doesn't cut in the parking lots or pull through to the next spot. I'm that girl that feels bad about forgetting something in the cart only to find it later and develops a stomach ache from worry. I'm just that damn moral, lol. As luck would have it, my wonderful daughter has seemed to not only inherited my husbands exact facial structure (seriously, when is this kid going to resemble me at all??) but she's also developed his attitude. My daughter said her first word the other day. Like most kids the usual firsts is Mama, Dadda, Doggie, More, Up.....etc. What is my daughter's first word? No. Yeah, that right the first word we could decipher was her giving me attitude.

Rylee's obsession with the laptop and other electrical items has left me repeating No, No, No all day long. I've had to also start slapping her hand to emphasize my point. After she cried from being mad that I'd smacked her hand she reached for the laptop again. I said the obligatory "No" in which she looked me straight in the eyes and said "No" back to me. Scott was beside me and after he confirmed to me that she did indeed, say her first word, we both wondered what the hell should we do? I wanted to jump for joy that she'd said a word, whether it be from repetition or not. Another part of me wanted her to know she was wrong for saying it. What would you do? All I could do was look the other way while I tried to control my laughter. I also got a brief glimpse of the future with a fiercely independant 12 year old who thinks I'm the bane of her existance. Oh was a great though, lol.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Too cute! I dunno if you saw my post on cinc, but that was Addie's first word too. Except she said it twice for emphasis. lol. She says "no-no" or "no-no-no-no-no". lol. It cracks me up that she hears it so much that it was her first word. She just said mama for the first time today. Bout darn time. I was so tired of hearing dada and no-no. We may have little back-talkers on our hands! lol
happymommy526

Ally said...

Just wait until she says..:No Rylee" while looking at you and touching it..lol. Enjoy :)