Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to the drawing board

Sooo.....the job with the Insurance company ended up not having the position anymore. I knew it was a longshot being that I didn't have my license. The owner really got my hopes up by telling me he was pretty sure they were giving me the job. About 3 days later he called to say he had met with his colleagues again and they decided it wasn't a needed position. Stupid me had already went and bought a few new work outfits and was totally stoked. The rejection kind of pushed me down again. I've been struggling with a bit of depression lately. I guess the non existance of any sort of money is beginning to take it's toll. I was so excited to finally contribute again. I was given a very nice offer though. The owner felt so bad about stringing me along that he offered to help me get my insurance license by paying for my study guides, as well as my test. I'm going to do it, but I really need something in the meantime. I've applied at quite a few places this weekend. It's really demeaning to have worked in upper level corporate jobs for the last 8 years and having to do anything I can do even get eight dollars an hour! I guess that college education would really come in handy right now. I'm thisclose to having my Associates degree and really need to go back to finish it. *Sigh*, I guess this is just my big pity party today.

No comments: