Followers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pink!!

I remember dreaming as a kid of a room with pink walls. I wanted that ultra-super girly room I saw on TV. We always rented throughout my life so it's never been possible for me to have a pink room. Enter child #1, who as luck would have it, is pretty darn girly.

When we moved into this home it was already pre-painted in all nuetral tans. Every single room is painted a different color tan, it's very Uncle Nidnods (Thank you Imagination Movers). It happens to work with most of my decor but not in Rylee's room. I recently got her bedset from Kmart (I would normally link it but Kmart.com is having some site issues) a set that includes lot's of bright colors and owls! Obviously, a change in wall color was in order.

I started on Thursday and didn't finish till late Friday afternoon.

The verdict? I LOVE IT! Everytime I walk by her room it makes me smile. Admittedly, the color is a bit bright but it's warm and girly to me. Finally, a pink room! Ok, now for the before and after shots. Keep in mind, I have many things to hang in the room but wanted to wait for the painting so it looks a bit bare.

Before:

Another Before (here's the bedding, and rambunctious toddler):

After:

Another After (including rambunctious toddler again):

What does it look like to you, go ahead take a minute. Yep, if you guessed the wonderful stomach soother, Pepto Bismol you are correct! Oh well, I still love the Pepto room.

1 comment:

Ally said...

OMg reading this post and listening to you say it was going to be pink bright pink, I thought "What the F is she thinking?" well you must be on to something because I really like it. I always wanted a pink room and never had it now you gave me the inspiration to maybe one day give one to Ju. Awesome.