Followers

Monday, August 4, 2008

Well, crap

I'll confess it, I'm a speeder. I'm a lot better than I used to be though now that I have a little squirmer in the backseat. I was on the way home from visiting a friend in the hospital on post when I was pulled over about 3 streets away from my home. I knew I was speeding and was completely honest with the officer when he asked if I knew I was speeding. However, I didn't realize how MUCH I was speeding. Honestly, I thought I was going maybe 5-8 mi's over. Nope, this idiot was going 14 miles over the limit! I'm sure the shock showed on my face when he told me. What made things worse was I didn't have an updated insurance card in my car, which I didn't realize at the time. When the officer came back and asked me for another copy of my updated insurance card, the panic set in. I called Scott in near tears asking where my copy was. He informed me he had taken out the Atlas (which he had put the copy in) and had it at the house.

I've never NOT had an insurance card, so I'm thinking....That's it, I'm going to jail. I immediately burst into tears because I'm also thinking "Shit, we don't have the money for this either!". By the time the cop comes back to my window, I'm a mess. I didn't want him to think I was crying to just get out of a ticket but I couldn't seem to get myself together. I think he would have let me off had I provided insurance but alas, the pink ticket sits beside me. I still can't believe I was speeding that much and I can't imagine how much this lesson will teach me. I guess I'll remember to keep that foot off the pedal a bit. AHHGG! I'm so mad at myself!

1 comment:

AmersP said...

LOL That is too funny!!!! That is SOOO my hubby...he got pulled over w/ no insurance card last month hahahaha. Ooops LOL! I am so excited you are selling your hats!!! I will email you on the 15th for one!!!! YAY!!! Savannah will LOVE it. And yes, sending them off to school is kinda hard to do, but you also know they are ready too. At least I keep telling myself everytime I look at the clock to see what time it is!! Only 3 hours left WOOHOOO hahahahaha.