Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

As promised

Wow, I didn't think two days of working could wear me out as much as it did! I started work on Wednesday morning nervous as could be. There was a slight mis-communication between the temp agency and hiring manager. I was told the job was an HR Coordinator but in reality it was the HR Receptionist. Hey, it's a job. I realized I really missed being "Christine, professional" instead of just "mom". Not that there's anything wrong with wearing the "mom" hat, I just prefer wearing the other hat more often. I missed working and bringing in an income. I'm a very hard worker and the job of occasionally answering the phone when it rings is just not challenging enough to me. I was begging for projects by mid-day. I'm assuming they wanted to get a feel for my experience and didn't want to overwhelm me at first. I did find out my "bought for comfort not for looks" shoes were not what they had promised.
Don't these LOOK like they'd be comfortable? I ended up driving home barefoot and nursing my blisters when I came home.

The worst part of the day, little did I expect, was coming home. I haven't been away from Rylee for more than 4 hours...ever. I fully expected her to be waiting at the door missing me as much as I missed her. I wearily walked into the door anticipating her huge smile and running to me for a big hug. When I realized there was no toddling cuteness at the door I found out she was still napping. NAPPING??? At 5:30 PM???? Jeeze louise Scott, come on now! I went to her room to hear her hysterically bawling. When I reached into her crib to comfort her, she turned away from me! I pulled her out and cradled her in my arms till Scott walked in the room. She immediately squirmed her body and reached for her Dad. If Scott tried to give her to me she would start crying again. This lasted for almost 30 minutes. Meanwhile, my mommy heart was breaking. Maybe it was the lack of sleep or my overtired brain but at that moment I was crushed. I started crying to Scott saying that I expected her to at least miss me and here she was wanting nothing to do with me. Why on earth did I stay at home the last year, caring for her? Did she even care? Was she mad I had left her all day, did she even notice I was gone? I seriously needed a swift kick in the ass but I was so exhausted. Finally, after I got a giggle out of her while crawling around pretending to run from her, she opened up. To spare my feet for the next day, I'd stopped off at Walmart to get a new pair of shoes. She opened the box and my good little girl tried on my high heels, lol. Somehow, that made it all better for me and the rest of the evening went much better. I was however, a RAGING bitch. By 8:30 I could barely keep my eyes open and went to bed at 8:45. Sissy.

1 comment:

jayna said...

Aww! I'm sorry it was such a rough first couple of days! I would totally have reacted the same way if E didn't want anything to do with me coming home. I hope everyone adjusts better this week!